Casino in Halong Bay
Most visitors to Halong Bay are looking forward to a peaceful and relaxing journey with a normal cruise trip. However there are also a few tourists looking for an unusual activity aside from kayaking or swimming, that is Casino.
Casino is not a popular business in Vietnam but you can still find some of them in Northern Vietnam, specifically in Hai Phong City and Halong City.
Vietnam's current law considered gambling is legal violations. And so the casinos exist on the territory of Vietnam do not allow Vietnamese to play but only serve foreign guests. Halong City is the same, its only casino – located at Royal Hotel & Villas allows only foreign guests to come and play.
Casino at Royal Hotel & Villas is large and modern, including 4 floors with a total area of 7,250 m2. This casino employes professional managers from England, South Africa, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore who have many years of management experience in the famous casinos in the world as Genting Casino, New World Casino, thus its quality of services is classed as international standard.
What you need to be aware of?
- The casino does not accept people under 18.
- You cannot bring a camera, camcorder, cannot carry bags or strange objects.
- 6 games played in Halong City’s casino are Baccarat, Black jack, Roullet, Slot Machine, Tai Sai (Sic Bo), Texas hold 'em poker.
- The casino opens 24 hours daily.
- The bets are depending on gaming type but would range from a minimum of US$1 - US$20 to a maximum of US$20,000. The bets for the slots are from US$0.25 to US$1.00 for each individual player to decide.
- If you are a foreinger and go with a Vietnamese friend then unfortunately, your friend cannot access the place even if he/she is accompanied by you.
- If you are looking for a casino on cruise, then don’t expect anything as at the moment there is no floating casino on the bay yet.
How can you reach to the casino?
As mentioned, Halong City’s casino is located at Royal Hotel & Villas, the complex of 5* hotel and 4* villas which is not far away from Bai Chay Tourist Wharf. So from Bai Chay Tourist Wharf you can simply catch a cab or walking in the direction toward Bai Chay Bridge for 800-900m, you will see a big white building with red name signboard written “Royal Hotel”, that is where you are looking for.